Quantcast

Can't control Sony HT-CT150

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by michaelg04, Sep 27, 2012.

1. michaelg04

michaelg04 New Member

i can't control this unit via CEC, it should work, but it doesn't. i go through countless codes as it has me keep trying to change volume, but nothing. the AVR gets the signal as it lights up like it's being controlled, only it doesn't adjust volume in test. granted, i don't go through every single code, i got bored, went through about 50 of them. any ideas?

2. michaelg04

michaelg04 New Member

nevermind, i thought it would work that way, but it's IR only.....seems strange on a new device

3. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

I look forward to the day sometime next century when we can expect HDMI control to work, as opposed to expecting it to break things.

4. michaelg04

michaelg04 New Member

thats why i bought a sony soundbar, i thought it would play nice with the sony GS7. it's fine though, the ir blaster on the thing is crazy awesome. i just wasn't paying attention to what it said on the screen lol. i feel you though, i my theater with a samsung tv, onkyo receiver, panasonic bluray and nothing works right with CEC, or i should say it's not consistent

5. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Indeed. I didn't even bother to connect up the IR dongle, and the IR blaster in the GS7 from within a stand underneath the TV is able to control the TV. Now, I actually have two DVRs and other equipment going in to my AVR, and if the GS7 was genius it would be able to control whatever I switched to watching, but since it doesn't I have the Sony connected to the output of one of my DVRs and then it feeds my AVR. Another quibble I have is I've always used native mode from my DVRs to my TV can figure out how to best display the image. The GS7 will very nicely change resolutions to match what it's outputting to, but not what it's inputting from. I suppose if my TV supported 1080p60, I'd be all set, but it only supports 1080p24 which is great for film sources, but not for things actually recorded at 30/60hz. Similarly 1080i is not the best choice for 720p material and visa-versa.