Quantcast

Can't connet to wifi after update

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by harley417, Nov 3, 2011.

1. harley417

harley417 New Member

sony GTV was connecting fine before update, after update cant connect wireless or hardwired on campus wifi, I have tried factory restore but it still wont connect yet it says signal is excellent says can't obtain IP address but all other devices can connect fine. What should I do?

• Like Like x 2
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

There are a number of complaints so you are not alone. It is hard to tell if it is just a very small percentage or widespread at this point but keeping the complaints in the same thread would make it easier to find common ground. Here is another thread on the issue here.

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/sony-blu-ray-set-top-box/3311-wifi-not-working-after-update.html

Maybe join in this thread, mention router model and other devices connected to see if there are similarities. Obviously only a small number are having the issue or that is all we would be reading about. Of course report the issue to Sony.

• Like Like x 2
  3. leelee

leelee New Member

I am having the same issue and I am so frustrated! I'll let you know if I figure anything out. It has been 4 days since my update which I really regret doing now :(

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

By the way, if you ever attempt via WiFi, you have to make sure to disable it and reboot it in order to use the Ethernet port. Otherwise, Google TV configures a private network attached to the Ethernet port while you are connected to WiFi. This will prevent you from obtaining an DHCP address from the subnet connected via Ethernet port because the DHCP client has been replaced by the private network's own DHCP server.

• Like Like x 2
  5. leelee

leelee New Member

My Sony GTV is working! Call Sony @ 1 800 222 7669. I basically had to reset the entire system and would not have been able to do it without the support. The tech that assisted me said they have had calls on this issue so my recommendation is to call and you'll get it going again. Good luck :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. VideoNinja

VideoNinja New Member

FWIW, I had the same issue post-upgrade on initial installation (though exercise extreme patience allowed me to connect a couple times, only to crash and reboot during the service provider setup).
    I tried resetting and many other random actions, however I have discovered that (for me) reconfiguring my wireless router to broadcast the SSID seems to have resolved the issue - not ideal, and if I change to non-broadcast the issue returns where it can't connect........