Quantcast

Can't connect to internet

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by JCW212, Sep 20, 2011.

1. JCW212

JCW212 New Member

My google tv connection was working just fine until yesterday. Now, no access to internet through Google TV, but my wireless printer and wireless Sonos system are working just find. The i.p. address is no longer indicated on the netowrk settings page and my version of the software does not allow for manual entry.

I checked the settings on my Linksys Wirless-Broadband Router, WRT160N, V2. The SSID and DHCP are enabled. I checked the DHCP Reservation. The tv was not included on the client list (Sonos, HP printer and Blackberry) so I manually added the TV with the Wi-Fi MAC address from the tv's network settings screen.

Still no connection. When try to access the web with my IP address, I get an error message, "Unable to connect".

Any ideas re the next step here?

Thanks

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Can you at least see any wireless networks in the WiFi control panel? Might want to try rebooting your Google TV device by pressing [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] if that doesn't work try power cycling your router or wireless access point.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JCW212

JCW212 New Member

Thanks. I had already tried power cycle on the router and no other networks were displayed on the tv. But, the rebooting worked! Thanks again.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No problem. I'm glad to help.