Quantcast

Can't add device after update

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Sean0977, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Sean0977

Sean0977 New Member

My NSZ-GS7 updated last night, and everything was working fine, but I deleted my cable box from the video input list by mistake. Now I can't add it again.
    I go to settings - video input - add device manually (scanning doesnt come up with any results... But it never has)
    then I select add device manually. Verifying input displays my cable signal. So I hit next.
    I select PVR as my device type, and hit next.
    i hit next again because my Sony box is right next to my cable box as shown in the picture.
    I type PACE as my manufacturer, and hit next.
    This part is different since the update. After I hit next it says searching online (never did that before) then says your manufacturer was not found. Please check if your manufacturer is correct and Retry.
    Well it is correct so I hit retry, but the error still comes up. I've even tried selecting other brands but the same thing happens.
    Before I could manually input my model number and continue. Now I can't continue at all so my cable box isn't controlled by the Sony box at all.
    I am in Canada, but like I said this was working before I mistakenly deleted the video device.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Shandor

Shandor New Member

I have the same problem here. I spent one and half hours with Sony tech support. After talking with a third tier support, they did some testing and found out it is some WiFi bug in the new software. They said if you use an Ethernet cord directly to the NSG-GS7 it should work OK.
    I also have freezing problems to the point I can not use the NSG-GS7.
    Here is hoping they can fix the software soon.

3. guy2545

guy2545 New Member

I'm having a similar issue trying to add my Sony AV receiver and I am connected via ethernet. I have not tried a hard reset because I'm not sure if I can add my devices back in.

4. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Try this,

Temporarily, SIGN OUT & remove all twitter data:
    launch Twitter app, hit MENU then SIGN OUT. It asks to confirm that signing out would remove all twitter data from the Google TV - hit OK.

then try to add your devices.

then go back to twitter and SIGN IN.

good luck :)

5. flavioportela

flavioportela New Member

I have the same problem here in Brazil. I can´t connect devices for PVR (Pace), TV (LG) or Receiver (Sony). tried a lot of diffent brands and nothing. Did factory reset, soft reset and nothing. Can anyone help us ?

6. ClifDC

ClifDC New Member

Same problem here as well. Can't register TiVo box. Instead I get manufacturer not found for that and every other possible option. I called Sony Support and they have said to call back on Monday when level 2 support was in. I had the problem whether I was connected to the Internet by WiFi or Ethernet. Reboots and factory resetting didn't solve the problem.

7. flavioportela

flavioportela New Member

After 3 or 4 soft resets, it works again. Maybe the server was out and came back

8. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hmm...Anyone else lose the DVR guide? My channel guide still works via the Quick Guide. And the DVR function works on the Logitech Revue. But the DVR feature died on the Sony after the upgrade.

9. ClifDC

ClifDC New Member

My problem seems to have been server related as well. I retried adding my TiVo later yesterday and everything worked exactly as it was supposed to.

10. Shandor

Shandor New Member

I agree it was a Sony server problem, because I was also having trouble with my Play Movies and TV app.