Quantcast

Cannot Update Sony Google TV Native Apps

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by thiagotca, Feb 12, 2012.

1. thiagotca

thiagotca New Member

Good Evening,

I'm from Brazil and I just bought my Sony Google TV in USA last week.

Now, I'm trying to update some apps from Android Market, for example, I have updates availiable for NBA and Pandora.

What happens is that when I click on Update this message appears: "There was a problem during update. The application is not compatible with tv". The problem is that those apps are native form TV and for sure they are compatible with it.

Does anyone had the same problem or can help to solve this?

Thank you a lot,

Thiago Andrade

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...-available-notification-keeps-popping-up.html

If you are using the free version of the Pandora App, then try the same. If you have the paid App go the the Pandora website and use their help section.

Carl

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yeah, the way those apps are built into the GTV operating system the Market's "Update" mechanism will not work. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but to update the apps, you'll need to go into the apps' details page and use the "Install" button instead. Here's why, the apps are actually a part of the system's read only area. Therefore the update process cannot modify or delete it. Instead you need to "Install" a new copy. This will instruct the Market to install it into the writable portion of your flash storage (/dev/fuse partition which is mounted on /mnt/sdcard). The market will then replace previous links to the old app and replace it with the new one.