Quantcast

Cannot receive TV channels.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by jonder, Nov 25, 2011.

1. jonder

jonder New Member

I just bought my TV today, i brought it home to my old none HD setup. I setup my old comcast box worked fine but it wasnt HD. I went to comcast got a new HD box, i bring it home and my tv doesnt receive any channels. Ive been on the phone with comcast and sony both, and they both says its eachother. I think its comcasts fault, my other tvs work fine, just my HD one doesnt. Any suggestions?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Okay, well how do you have it hooked up? I'm guessing HDMI from the Comcast Cable Box directly into the Sony Internet TV or are you using component? Which INPUT do you have it selected? Is the Sony Internet TV powered on? Is the Comcast Cable Box powered on?

3. jonder

jonder New Member

I have my HDMI from the cable box to the tv. My comcast cord from the wall into the back of my comcast box. They both have been turned on, sony has walked me through everything several times to see if we missed any steps.

4. LiquorBox

LiquorBox New Member

Are you using a gold plated HDMI cable. I read somewhere that if the cable is not a high end cable, you won't receive the channels but as soon as have the good one, you'll be good to go. Just a suggestion.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That is a horrible advice, the HDMI cable does not affect the channels that the set-top box receives. A faulty HDMI cable could adversely affect the HDCP handshake between the devices in the chain causing the set-top box to stop transmitting the respective HD channels. However, you don't have to buy expensive high-end cables to fix that problem. Just use decent quality cables. The cables I use are the BJC Series-FE Belden Bonded-Pair HDMI Cable from BlueJeanscable.com but they're not very expensive but very good quality.

What sort of steps have you tried?