Quantcast

Cannot open/uninstall Launcher Pro (weird I know!)

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Dyelon, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Dyelon

Dyelon New Member

So when I first got my Sony Google TV 46 inch, I installed LauncherPro to see what it was like. I didn't like it so I uninstalled it. Or so I thought.

I'm now at a point where I want to give it another try seeing as to how it can use Live wallpapers...

So I went to the market and looked for it, and when I clicked it, it said "open". So I open it, and click it: Error message (cannot access application)

I go to app drawer, its not there.

I go to market--> my apps ---> launcher pro is there, I click uninstall, it IMMEDIATELY uninstalls (too fast)

I go to market---> launcher pro---> install....it "installs". I click open, "cannot access application"

its not in app drawer, but its in my "my apps"....same thing, can't open "cannot access application. try again later." but INSTANT uninstall.

So, I personally feel like it's somehow not doing a complete uninstall and messing up the whole process. but I'm completely assuming.

anyone have any ideas? I'm lost.

thanks SO much in advance. I appreciate it!

2. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

You usually wont see launcher pro in the app drawer on android. You didn't successfully uninstall it. I don't have my revue update yet. Do can't help you. It should universal via the market or menu/ settings/ applications. Not sure if it is exactly the same on the revue yet though. Hopefully others will chime in to help you.

Sent from my VTAB1008/ giant remote

3. Dyelon

Dyelon New Member

Ok that makes sense that it wouldn't be in the app drawer. But even if I try opening it in any other way it errors. Do you think its because, when I first DLed it, and I pressed home button, that when the Google vs. LauncherPro option came up, I clicked "always use this" and then checked off the android/google launcher?

Do those types of settings stay even after uninstall/reinstall of a launcher-modifying app?

4. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

No that shouldn't matter for uninstalling. Try this:
    Menu/ settings/ applications/ launcher pro/ clear defaults

Sent from my VTAB1008/ giant remote

5. Dyelon

Dyelon New Member

It was uninstalled. I found it on market, clicked install and waited. Nothing happened so I searched for it again, click it. It says "install" again so I click it. It installs this time perfectly.I go to, settings ---> system settings --> applications ---> launcher pro....scroll to "clear default" : its greyed out. can't click it.Any other ideas? This is so annoying! A thought: I haven't really turned this TV off since I got it: I always have quick start on. Would a real restart change anything?

6. Dyelon

Dyelon New Member

I tried that, but I was able to reproduce all of the same problems again. Damn!

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Try going into GTV Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > LauncherPro > Launch by default: Clear Defaults. If you want to get rid of the app then scroll up to Force Stop then Uninstall > Ok > Ok

8. Dyelon

Dyelon New Member

In that last menu it doesn't say launch by default: clear defaults its just "clear defaults" but its grayed out

also force stop is "greyed out" which I'm guessing means its not even running or acknowledged running by the TV

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It actually does, "Launch by default" is the section header, "Clear Defaults" is the button.

Okay then at the top of that screen, click on Uninstall > Ok > Ok to get rid of it.

10. Dyelon

Dyelon New Member

Yeah I've tried that before, it uninstalls it but the problem persists upon reinstall. =(

11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Can you explain the symptoms after it is uninstalled? Not sure if I'm clear on your problem. I thought the issue is getting rid of it, so I am not sure why you're reinstalling it.

12. Dyelon

Dyelon New Member

Sorry you probably scanned through my long post I understand. I said that I'm at a point where I want to give it another try because I want to use live wallpapers. The problem I'm having is that it won't open: I get an immediate "Cannot access the application right now" error upon "open"ing