Quantcast

Cannot complete download

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by mtthyme, Jun 4, 2011.

1. mtthyme

mtthyme New Member

I have tried to install a new Revue, but cannot get beyond the download page. I sent the original Revue back to Logitech and received a replacement, but still have the same issue. I am using an Apple Time Capsule for my wireless network. I have tried both wireless and with Ethernet, but no success. Any suggestions? I have reset the Time Capsule twice, but that didn't work. The network works fine for the rest of my devices.

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

When you tried the ethernet connection , were you running it straight from your ethernet box or did you run it from the ethernet box to the apple time capsule to the google tv. If you have not tried running the cable directly from the ethernet box to the google tv and try bypassing the apple time capsule then trying it would not hurt and would rule out the box as being incompatible if it does not work.

If it does not work then the problem is google tv may not like your dsl or cable modem or whatever you use to connect to the net.

3. mtthyme

mtthyme New Member

Okay, update. Yesterday I went to town and purchased a 50’ Ethernet cable from Radio Shack ($22+). Today I tried connecting it directly between the modem and Revue. Revue could not find an Internet. I then connected the Ethernet to the Time Capsule. Revue was happy…found a connection, but no download. Next step. Tried Wireless again, Revue happy with wireless connection, but no download. Next step. Tried a different DirecTv receiver (24). Tried all the configurations above with the same results. NO download whatever I try.

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

While it was connected to the net, did you try turning it off for the night and leaving it connected as I know when my sony google tv updated , it did it over night and when I turned it on the update was ready to install. Do you use anything router wise to filter your net experiance by any chance. And last but not least, can you take the revue to a friends house and set it up and see if you can update it then as it may just not like something in your setup.

5. mtthyme

mtthyme New Member

I did leave it overnight the first time I tried. It was in the same place the next day. I tried the Ethernet connection between modem and Revue and could not even get connected to the Internet. Through the router I can get an Internet connection, just no download. I talked with Logitech support for an hour yesterday with no success. Difficult to try a friend's connection. I had a Revue working fine here last year. I took it to Florida where it worked fine as well. This is a new one.

6. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I hate to sound stupid , but when you say you want to download an update , I assume you mean firmware update. That said, have you checked the revue site to make sure it has not already been downloaded and installed by another family member? I assume you checked the current firmware build and looked it up on the revue makers site and the one your using now is an older version.

Sorry to sound so dumb sounding but I don't have the box in front of me to double check. If your positive the firmware needs updating my only other suggestion is to try and use a friends wifi connection and see if you can update it that way.

If you can connect to a friends wifi but it wont update , then the problem is probably in the revue. One last thing you could check but its a long shot is your routers dns settings.

You could copy your routers dns settings down which is probably set to use your isps settings and change it to use opendns settings and see if that fixes the problem. Not sure if it would work but you never know.