Quantcast

Cannot assign IR codes

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by danger-rat, Dec 14, 2010.

1. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

Every time I attempt to assign IR codes on my Revue I get a force close. I get as far as being asked which device I would like to assign an IR for, but as soon as I select any device, I get the FC message.

I've spent 2 weeks working with Logitech support, but it seems I get a different person every time, and the response is typically "try pointing your remote at the device" (obviously they haven't understood the problem), or "try rebooting or factory resetting the device" (first thing I tried on my own, but it's getting old after about 20 attempts).

Personally, I've booted the device into recovery mode and tried to install the latest update.zip, but it fails looking for a Sentinal. I've wiped settings, switched Google accounts, tried assigning IR codes to each one of the different keys, but no joy...

Logitech support have switched me back from email support to phone support, back to email etc, with no new suggestions... I've pulled the error logs from the Revue, but the tech support aren't interested...

I've searched the web, and it seems other people are having the same issues, but no one has a solution...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk