Quantcast

Cannot Access Market, TV and Movies, or Quick Search functionality

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Defenestratus, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Defenestratus

Defenestratus New Member

Hello

I just received my Co-Star today, and completed the quick start. Everything seemed fine, although it took the guide twice to connect to my wifi network. After that it was fine. It setup my Cable Box, Receiver, TV just fine.

I can login to my Google Account just fine.

However when I go to the Google Play Store, I get a black screen and a dialog at the bottom "loading" with the circle progress bar. It disappears after about 10 seconds and no play store shows up. If I thumb the trackpad on the remove, I can see a very very dim mouse cursor.

Furthermore, I cannot access the TV and Movies app. It starts me on the "rate these titles" screen but fails to load any titles... it just sits showing a blank screen with "0 of 20" at the top.

Also, the quick search bar will not show anything from my local provider (Bright House Networks in Central Florida).

When I go to setup my DVR device, it "scans for providers" but cannot find any.

The funny thing is, I just got rid of my Revue for the same exact problems. It seems that it wasn't the Revue's fault but rather maybe my Google Account's fault.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm about to throw this thing out the window!!!!

2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

A long shot, this is what I want you to do, using a paperclip via the back side reset hole, do three hard resets ... Do not go through the whole set up each time you do a hard reset, do this only 3 times ... On the fourth time do the whole set up like you did when you first got your new Co-Star ...

If possible do not do a wifi Internet connection this time, do a wired Internet connection .... If everything is working properly now, test your wifi Internet Connection again ..... Make sure all HDMI conncetions are firm and tight, this just might work, a data reset ..... Don't give up and don't panic ...!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Defenestratus

Defenestratus New Member

So long story, it turned out being my router I think.

I connected my Costar to my phone's 4G connection and used that to setup the DVR/Market/TV and Movies etc.

Then, getting that out of the way, I rebooted my wireless router... That seems to have fixed it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Ok, awesome glad you got everything working now, sweet, enjoy ...(lol)