Quantcast

Can the remote power on the GTV, TV and stereo receiver? How?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by jugtv, Nov 7, 2012.

1. jugtv

jugtv New Member

Hi there - I'm really enjoying the NSZ-GS7 (could use a name that rolls off the tongue a little better!) but I have one issue. With my old setup I used my Universal Remote (URC MX-810) to power on my projector, stereo receiver and satellite receiver via a power-on sequence (macro) programmed to an activity button - one button to turn everything on and off.

With the GS7 remote I can turn each item on individually (right power button for gtv, left power button for projector, fn + left power button for stereo - repeat to power everything down) but that seems like a big step backward in usability, and extraordinarily difficult to explain to family members ;). Surely I'm missing something here and there is a way to have everything turn on via a macro or something. I have looked into hdmi-cec but it's not working at all for me and my projector and sat receiver both don't support it. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have this setup:

Bell 9241 satellite receiver -> NSZ-GS7 -> Onkyo TX-NR414 -> Optoma HD65 Projector

Thanks.