Quantcast

Can no longer visit most websites

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by kityldy54, Mar 3, 2012.

1. kityldy54

kityldy54 New Member

Hi,

I apologize if this is the incorrect place to ask this question. I also asked this question at the Google Chrome Forum, but none of their directions to resolve the problem seemed to apply to Google TV. I have Logitech Revue, Google Chrome Browser, and no extensions or add-ons that I know of. I have owned this computer since September 2011. The browser has always had periods of unreliability; however, in the past 2 weeks, the problem has gotten much worse. I continually receive "Aw Snap" messages to any website I try to go to, including my Gmail account, Web MD, Google Search, Google Maps, Mayo Clinic, etc. It is to the point that I count myself fortunate if I can send off 2 emails a day. I have totally given up trying to surf the web or do anything else but ekking out the few emails it will allow. I am extremely frustrated. If I had the money, I would buy something different but I don't. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.Thank you.

2. c1tobor

c1tobor New Member

I hear you. Same thing here. I never know if the web is going to work or not. I really wish I could use a different browser, like Dolphin.

I just started another thread about this. Just searching for this site, Sometimes it shows up in Chrome, sometimes it doesn't, and it never will connect directly, its always "unavailable" or "down for maintenance". I have to "reload this page later" to get here.

I really hope this gets updated by some competent Devs as it has so much potential, but just seems to lack common sense.

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Google tv not being able to load the googletvforum website is a known problem posted in some other thread. Not sure what causes the problem but it happens on my sony google tv device as well.

kityld54,
    have you tried resetting your google tv device to factory defaults and see if that fixes the problem?

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I would try these steps in this order (this list goes from easiest to most tedious): After each step test it and see if you get improvement.

1) reboot by pressing Alt + Ctrl + DEL

2) go to settings and clear all data from Chrome app (you will lose your bookmarks - but this is still less tedious than a full reset)

3) full factory reset

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what causes the problems described here but I use the Revue to access various forums I participate at, mostly audio/video forums including this one, and have been doing so for the last 6 months without seeing the issues described. I also use the Revue to check email, my eBay auctions and various news sites to read. If these problems were widespread, we would see more complaints.

6. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

It just doesn't seem feasible that this is a problem related to either Google TV or the Logitech Revue. Heck, last night Netflix went down and it was posted on every forum in existence. Your problem sounds like it is either a Broadband issue, or it is related to how you have your system set up.

It just ain't happening...

Yeah, from time to time users will get an 'Aw shucks' but not to the degree you are describing. An occasional Shockwave crash due to visiting ESPN 3 or using Pandora while watching a video is to be expected.

C arl

7. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I know there are some flaky apps in the store that were making my google tv flake out a lot today. The 3 I had trouble with were the accuweather app as well as the revision3 app and the blueberry network app. For some reason when I had those 3 apps together my sony google tv was giving me lots of errors. More errors then I ever had before.

I ended up removing revision3 and the blueberry app and things are more stable now.

8. c1tobor

c1tobor New Member

Hmmm....what is strange about not accessing this page is that after it fails, I can click the "reload this page later" and it will come here with no problems. It just seems like sometimes it works trouble free and other times it seems to hardly do anything at all.

I had LauncherPro and GoLauncher running and I've uninstalled them and it seems to be a little bit more stable.