Quantcast

Can I do all this with Google TV?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by crashintoty, Oct 22, 2010.

1. crashintoty

crashintoty New Member

I mainly watch downloaded tv shows and movies (xvid, mkv, mp4, etc.), listen to music and view photos via Windows Media Center and/or Boxee from my NAS server (via Windows file sharing/CIFS/Samba). I also watch sports live on broadcast television and watch shows recorded on my Comcast DVR box (shows I can't download)... will I be able to do ALL this with Google TV?

2. andcbii

andcbii New Member

If you have a cable box i think you could do all of that. I have lots shows downloaded as well and it's played all of them so far. I also have a TiVo and am able to watch TV/DVR just fine. You just have to make sure your DVR has HDMI out.

3. nagmier

nagmier New Member

Via Samba/NFS etc not from what I've read... everything points to the need for a DLNA server, I wont be able to tell you 100% until I get mine next week though

4. crashintoty

crashintoty New Member

Whoa! It even plays MKV fiiles?!?!

How is the menu and UI for playing DLNA/local network files? Does it provide thumbs and synposis for your downloaded media (like Boxee)?

5. andcbii

andcbii New Member

I'm not sure if any of my files are MKV so i'm not 100% about that. The UI isn't great. No thumbs that i've seen and no synopsis. just stock looking folder icons.

6. nagmier

nagmier New Member

according to the specs Logitech's Revue supports mkvs, again I'll be able to confirm this all next week when mine arrives.

7. crashintoty

crashintoty New Member

Okay. I'll look for your post