Quantcast

Can GTV act as a content server for the Nexus 7?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by chopper, Feb 26, 2013.

1. chopper

chopper Active Member

So this is what I am thinking. I store some music and vids on a hard drive attached to my Revue now. Is there a way to stream these files to a Nexus 7 should I end up buying this tablet?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I say no, in the server/client relationship, Google TV is a client, not a server. The opposite of what you suggest, stream content from the tablet to Google TV is the norm.

3. chopper

chopper Active Member

Yes I kinda figured that, thanks!

4. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

Just install file expert on gtv and you will be able to share any files on your gtv ( also on the usb drive) via ftp on your wifi network. Install es file explorer on your nexus, setup the ftp with the informations provided by file expert on your gtv and you will be able to stream any content from your gtb to any other device with a ftp client pc, android devices....

Your gtv needs to be connected via wifi on yiur network.

Envoyé depuis mon SGH-I747M avec Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. chopper

chopper Active Member

Cool! So I can get the16 GB version of the Nexus 7 and store my music and vids on my GTV?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

Yes, I connected a 1To on my gtv and use it as a media server. I bought the sony tablet S1 16GB and stream from my gtv directly on it. With able remote you can start the ftp sharing remotely (set your usb HD as default sharing folder in file expert, create a shortcut for the ftp and add it to your home menu, rember is position on the menu bar and click on 1 in able remote to lunch it (1 for position 1 or 2 for position 2...). For the shortcut in the menu bar we need the full version of file expert otherwise every functionalities will work with the free version. Msg me if you need help for setup. Good luck

Envoyé depuis mon SGH-I747M avec Tapatalk