Quantcast

Can Google TV Output HDMI and Optical audio at same time?

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by ymvbtown, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ymvbtown

ymvbtown New Member

Hello,

I have Google TV going out and in directly to my TV for video and have an optical cable going out of Google TV and into my Denon receiver for audio. I'm wondering my TV should still be able to receive the audio signal from the HDMI cable even though it is already outputting audio to the receiver via optical. My goal is to have my TV output the HDMI audio signal back into my receiver via analog cables. Zone 2 on my receiver only has analog inputs and Google TV has no analog outputs.

Any insight on this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. marcus86

marcus86 New Member

There are settings in the audio setup of the box that may help you accomplish this, but I am not sure of exactly how you should set it.

There is an option for HDMI through-put, that should be on. But then there is an option relating to PCM. I would just toy around with some of those until you figure it out.

3. futureboy

futureboy New Member

The NSZ-GT1 from Sony can output HDMI audio and Optical audio at the same time, however the audio format has to be the same on both outputs. The issue might be that your TV will not accept Dolby Digital input from HDMI. If the Sony box detects that the TV will only accept PCM then it will not output audio on the HDMI if the audio output priority is set to optical and the Dolby Pass through is on.

You can try playing with the "Audio Output Priority" setting and the Dolby Digital settings.

4. zurcaled11

zurcaled11 New Member

My question is somewhat similar and I will post it here before posting it in other places.

I have a samsung TV that doesn't have an hdmi or optical out. I want to hook up a soundbar to the sony google tv/dvd box but am worried that it will not play the sound from the cable box. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, the digital optical out of the NSZ-GT1 will output audio from the HDMI audio of your cable box.