Quantcast

can anyone access youtube playlists?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by harshrealm, Dec 14, 2013.

1. harshrealm

harshrealm New Member

is this the end of youtube as we knew it? i have tried the feather option,but it is so limited,like accessing playlists,any ideas?............thanks

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. Yes I believe accessing the YouTube web site (on current GTV hardware) with the GTV Chrome browser will never be as it was before. The current GTV hardware (running the Honeycomb OS) cannot handle the updated YouTube web site. YouTube made a change to their web site several months ago - the new change sends too many bytes of information to the GTV browser causing the 'Aw Snap!' error in many instances. I don't envision Google "fixing" the YouTube web site for the limited GTV user base - complicating matters is the fact that YouTube is a separate division than the GTV division.

If (and this is currently uncertain) your GTV device was updated to Jellybean - you could access the mobile version of YouTube with the GTV Chrome browser. Also with the Jellybean update you could switch the Chrome browser to desktop mode and view it with the HTML5 beta program. However I have a hunch using that procedure would still trigger the AW Snap! error. I say that because currently with Honeycomb GTV devices switching to the HTML5 beta does not fix the Aw Snap! issue. (Note: Only second generation GTV devices still have a 'chance' to receive the Jellybean update).

Now have you tried the YouTube app? You can use playlists that way.

** Also here is a tip I use to access my YouTube playlists with my GTV Chrome browser on my Logitech Revue. From the YouTube home page - move your cursor over the blue box in the top right corner - and then click it. This will pull up a row of thumbnails near the top of the page with your playlists. Click on the playlist you want from the row of thumbnails on top - and it should work. It works every time for me that way - and then play the videos with the "Feather-beta". You must use the Feather beta or some of the videos won't play.

(Note: If you click for your playlists from the link on the left of the home page - that doesn't work as it triggers the Aw Snap! message. So use the method I recommended above by clicking the blue box on top right of page). **

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. vhdcinema

vhdcinema New Member

Thanks for that Youtube tip Catfish, works fine on my Sony GS7.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

You're welcome. For those that missed reading about the YouTube "Feather beta" on the other thread - here is the link for entering the Feather beta on YouTube:

YouTube