Quantcast

Cable box does not have HDMI input, but blu-ray DVD player does...

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Laurie79, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Laurie79

Laurie79 New Member

Hi,
    My cable box does not have have the HDMI input, but my blu-ray DVD player does. Would I be able to connect my hd tv to the revue and connect the revue to my blu-ray player?

Thanks

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sure, but usually the flow of content is normally: Set-top box or DVD > Revue > Television.

Your comment suggests the flow is reversed: Television > Revue > Set-top box or DVD

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  3. bidger

bidger Member

What model BD player do you have?

4. galfert

galfert Active Member

Laurie79,
    The answer is no you can't connect how you are suggesting. Your cable box is not missing an HDMI input ...it is missing an HDMI output....big difference. The flow of HDMI video and audio is unidirectional from a source device down to a display (or audio output) device.

I suggest you swap out your cable box. Some cable companies will swap out your cable box for free for one that has HDMI output, while others charge a bit more for HDMI output per month. My cable company doesn't charge extra (Brighthouse Networks), they even give me free HDMI cables.

Some people just hook up the Revue to a different HDMI input on their TV....but doing this will make you miss out of some Google TV features like PIP, Guide search and channel changing integration, and superimposed TV source image while you search or access Google TV menus. One of the neatest things about Google TV is the seamless inline integration of not having to switch inputs for web/networked content. Best solution is to replace the cable box with one that has HDMI output.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011