Quantcast

Bugging Hulu... (not harassing) :)

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by cheshire, Jan 14, 2011.

1. cheshire

cheshire New Member

So after reading a lot of news sites and figuring how Google is no
    Longer gonna support h.264 in Chrome, and how all hulu is h.264, I thought to myself, "hey this could be the big hold up!" I guess in the end it's just all speculation. But I thought why not submit my opinion to Hulu. So I sent Hulu and email regarding my situation and how I like Hulu but if I had to chose to stay with them or switch to Netflix... Well Netflix is supported in Google TV. Not a hard choice and I'm not giving my money to both of them. :) they responded with some nonsense of "nothing being in the "pipeline"" so to speak. Any who, I think a little customer pressure might help Hulu realize how quickly a company or service can fall behind and become history if they don't respond to their customers ... Thinking about Myspace... GM... So what do you all say to sending Hulu a polite "don't drag your @$$ on this one" email :)

2. rtalain

rtalain New Member

I am also giving money to both Hulu and Netflix and just sent Hulu some "feedback" on the current frustrating situation that many of us are experiencing.

3. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

I did bug Hulu about when Google TV will be supported (email: support@hulu.com) - this is the response I got back:

Thanks for writing. I would be happy to help explain the situation and answer any other questions you may have.Basically what it comes down to is a streaming rights issue. As of right now, we just simply do not have the rights to stream Hulu Plus content on Google TV. We have plans to bring Hulu Plus to as many devices as possible and are continually evaluating new technologies, and will be working to add more devices based on user demand. I have seen plenty of demand for Google TV (with good reason!) and hope I have better news for you soon as we work with our content providers and device manufacturers to get the rights for Hulu Plus to be streamed over more devices. Unfortunately, these negotiations sometimes take longer than we would hope but be assured we are working hard to expand our services!
    If you want to check in and see which devices are currently Hulu Plus capable and which devices have been officially announced for support you can check here: http://www.hulu.com/plus#devices
    If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know!
    Thanks,
    Casey
    Hulu Support

Hulu's support group is probably not the right group to bug about this, but I didn't have a contact email for their product marketing.