Quantcast

Browsing Internet on TV - Opinion

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by amigan_99, Mar 21, 2011.

1. amigan_99

amigan_99 New Member

Now that I've owned the Revue/Google TV for over six months I conclude that web browsing on your TV is not enjoyable. The reason is that the text is too hard to read from your couch and the mouse too imprecise. I love getting my video and TV through the Internet. But for reading anything - a laptop or a tablet is far far preferable.
    A better way to approach the user interface in my mind would be to move the control to an Android tablet. Create a killer UI on the Android tablet and have it communicate with the Google TV. Then I can truly look up player stats while watching the big game without straining to read what is in the picture-in-picture on my television.

• Like Like x 2
  2. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

Agree with you but Google/Logitech/Sony have failed to deliver these capabilities so far.

3. harley man

harley man New Member

i just got the i pad and i still think gtv is better to read the web you do know that you can go to setting and pick a larger tex size and you can make the screen size big or small by ctrl + or - the d pad also works ctrl up or down and i think the mouse works fine . i do wish it loaded the pages faster but still not that bad . mabe you need a bigger tv or sit closer i am looking at 52 inch tv and and about 18 ft from tv looks good to me

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  4. galfert

galfert Active Member

I find browsing the Internet on my 60 inch very enjoyable. The problem a lot of people have is that they have too small a screen or they sit too far from the TV on the sofa. Or another mistake I see a lot is that people mount their TV up high on the wall like as if their home was a sports bar. Home TVs should be mounted so that the middle of the screen is eye level when sitting down. Who wants to look up to see the TV....it is not optimal. Must be the same people that enjoy sitting in the front row of the movie theater and tilt their heads back. The reason sports bars have the TVs mounted high is so that people standing don't block the TV and so that more people can see the TVs. Worst place to put a TV and unfortunately I see it a lot is on top of the fireplace. Some people have no clue and they just don't know better.

So buy a big TV and keep it eye level and sit no more than 8 to 10 feet away unless you have a home theater in your home with a 70 plus inch screen.

5. Pherball66

Pherball66 New Member

I agree that a larger screen makes it great. I have a 57 inch and it rocks being able to surf the web while watching tv.

6. kalliergo

kalliergo New Member

What others said: Use an appropriately-sized screen for the viewing environment and set text size and zoom as required.

My little Sony makes a great browser, when I'm at a proper distance from the screen.

7. amigan_99

amigan_99 New Member

Nintendo's next generation Wii with its touchpad is precisely the interface I think would serve Google TV.
    No matter what the size of my TV - it is just not a comfortable experience to control a mouse from eight
    feet away and text is not easy to read. A combo tablet with Goog TV would be perfect.

E3: Nintendo unveils new Wii with tablet controller