Quantcast

Broken colors on AVI playback?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by retroben, May 3, 2013.

1. retroben

retroben Active Member

For some reason,an appropriately re-encoded techsmith captured AVI file (TSCC into H264) displays improperly on my STB (NSZ-GS7 obviously) when running perfectly fine on a computer.

I used x264vfw in VirtualDubMod v1.5.10.2.

It plays correctly in Winamp and MediaPlayerLite.

They actually play fine on the STB,just with completely broken colors (not basic color differences).

Also has the same problem in another container format called MKV the matroska format.

I tried tweaking encoder settings hours at a time for days,but it still turns out bad.

How do I fix this,or what is a lossless codec that sony nsz-gs7 supports correctly?

I already converted my lossless 60fps techsmith avi into lossy .wmv with customly highest settings (60fps,Quality Based VBR,key frame every 1 second),they work fine but look like crap with visual noise.

Alternatively,can someone tell me how to make a lossless wmv if possible with hacked encoder,I don't care how large the file gets,it can run large files (450+MB) just fine even with less than 200MB RAM left before playing it.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  2. retroben

retroben Active Member

doip doip

3. retroben

retroben Active Member

derp derp

4. retroben

retroben Active Member

I managed to convert my file to a seemingly lossless quality under the x264 codec with "any video converter" and it worked!
    I still need someone to help me to convert to a Sony NSZ-GS7 supported file with maximum lossless quality codec.