Quantcast

Breaking down the Sony's Google TV powered lineup

Discussion in 'Google TV News' started by JohnDroid, Oct 13, 2010.

1. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

I'm sure you are aware Sony released the information on the different devices they've been working on with Google TV integration. They hit some people with a few curveballs as well and that's a good thing. I like to see the manufacturers still able to keep a secret and bring out something we hadn't really known about.

First up though is the Sony TV lineup that we knew was coming -- though we had to speculate or settle for internet rumors as to size and pricing. Now though, we have all of that stuff confirmed.

• 24 inches - $600
    • 32 inches - $800
    • 40 inches - $1000
    • 46 inches - $1400

You can pre-order it now at SonyStyle.com or they should be hitting store-shelves this weekend.

In addition, Sony announced a Google TV capable Bluray player which should offer a bit of competition for those of you who were interested in the Logitech Revue but didn't want a dedicated Google TV device. This might make more sense but of course it's also more expensive. If you already have a Bluray player you probably don't need to go this route.

[​IMG]

The price is rumored to be in the "$400" range which covers everything from $399 to $499 and at this price point that's a big swing. No estimate on availability for this unit but I doubt it will be significantly delayed past the TV release.

So there you have it. You can check out Gizmodo's full review of the TV and Bluray player in action at the links below.

(Source: Gizmodo: 1,2)

2. Aaron636r

Aaron636r New Member

BluRay player rumored to be at those prices? Pre-ordered mine from Sony for $399 today. Shipping eta of 10/15