Quantcast

Boxee & Google TV to Combine?

Discussion in 'More News from Your Google TV News Team' started by Rickaren, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Boxee seek to develop applications for Google Android TV cool

06/04/2011

As an avid user and supporter Boxee for my HTPC needs, the announcement on the Google TV And I wonder as was to be able to combine both the best interface for HTPC hands down with my beloved Android platform. The guys over at Boxee is WAY ahead of me it turns out!

blogger years in Candler Blog had a conversation with Andrew kippen e-mail with Boxee, asking him what he thought of the announcement of Google TV, and this may have consequences for Boxee. The following response comes from Andrew that article:

We, of course, after[GoogleTV announcement] and a demo. We believe that it would be good to open OS, such as gain market share Android in the living room. This would enable users to download Boxee on TV(we building Android-based app) and start using it without having to connect to your computer theTV.

We have a slightly different view of Web browsing on your TV. Although it was a big part of Googles Demo believe browsing the web, how-to make more sense for laptops and mobile devices(due to personal character, the screen size and input device) than it does on TV. We look forward to the game with TV and work with them to make Android devices Boxee.

read correctly. if not? TV platforms are running on television that can bring great experience Boxee we want to be there. is is we? Again Im looking for on developing Android Application version with Boxee to upcoming Google TV . [emphasis added]
    I wanted to make sure I read that correctly. I? Ve heard work on Android app remotely similar to the one they have on the iPhone, but it sounds like something else:

read correctly. if not? TV platforms are running on television that can bring great experience Boxee we want to be there. is is we? Again Im looking for at developing Android Application version with Boxee to upcoming Google TV .

It will be interesting to see what this application Boxee will look like. It sounds like Boxee will use the Sony TV that Android will have a built in them, so that people can run their applications without a computer Boxee necessary. This would be a major step forward in Boxee, and sounds like an incredible idea to take advantage of all the risks that Google takes with Google TV, without risk to themselves.

Im more excited about Googles TV, particularly as I see a useful, practical applications are thought o. Stay tuned for more details come out.

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

That would be so cool !!! I hope it pans out as if it does, I will be glad I bought the Sony Google tv. You made my day Rickaren!!!

3. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

Yes this would be a tremendous development, lets hope it happens!

4. bidger

bidger Member

Please, please, please let it happen!

5. bidger

bidger Member

C'mon Google, lay Honeycomb, or Ice Cream Sandwich, or S'mores on us and let us add on Boxee cause I need a good media player option. The one you provide ain't worth ****.

6. thedude

thedude Member

Well, there is a Boxee app for the iPad now, so it stands to reason that Boxee would want to code a version for Android tablets and TV devices (once the latter gets marketplace).

The horsepower is certainly there on the GoogleTV hardware.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

7. bidger

bidger Member

Yeah, I did see the CordCutter segment on iPad integration. Chop chop Google, make it happ'n Capt'n.

8. flamaest

flamaest New Member

Has there been any traction on this effort? It's been almost 6 months...... Google TV 2.0 is now avaiable and working great.

I see PLEX is now on Google TV as an App so Boxee has some competition. It's too bad PLEX doen't support direct SMB connections to local NAS drives like XBMC and BOXEE do.

Lastly, the XBMC crowd seems to be uninterested in Google TV from what little I have read. Seems like a mistake to me.

Thanks,
    F.