Quantcast

Bose stereo system/DVD player won't work

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by cheshire, Jan 14, 2011.

1. cheshire

cheshire New Member

If anyone from google is lurking around here please help. My Bose family style won't work even with the ir blaster. The codes (all three of them) don't work. Any ideas?

2. ctgtvuser

ctgtvuser New Member

I'm not sure about your system but my Bose uses RF (radio frequency) technology in its remote application and no IR (infra-red) remote will ever work to control it, even with the IR blaster. I suspect that is what you're dealing with as my system has the same arrangement. One sure way to find out is if you can operate your Bose with the Bose remote pointed away from the system (i.e don't point it directly or even in the vicinity of the Bose). if it still works, its an RF signal. Most systems use IR and even Bose provides an IR signal from the base unit to blast to other IR devices but it kinda forces you to use their remote to run everything. Sorry for the bad news, but at least for that component, you'll be stuck using the Bose remote to turn it on/off. I actually use it to turn on/control my DVR sometimes when the other remotes are inconveniently missing, fyi - and use the SBRGTV remote strictly for the Sony.

3. DMackG

DMackG New Member

My LS 38 has RF remote also but the GTV SonyBR ir blaster works on it just fine. Mine uses the second code. sorry don't have it with me right now.