Quantcast

Boot up into LiveTV mode?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Shaggadoo, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Shaggadoo

Shaggadoo New Member

Is there a way to make the NSZ-GS7 boot up into LiveTV mode? Currently when power is lost and restored it stops at the home screen. For me that is OK, but the rest of my family are technicaly challenged and can not deal with this.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

You lose power so often that this is an issue? I thought we had the worst rate of power failures in the country at my house, I have battery backup on TiVos, hard drives and the router and that would solve short term power outages for Google TV as well but for long term, I am afraid teaching the others to hit home and TV is going to be necessary. We are on day 3 of our latest power outage and I am in a hotel tonight, we have a few very short term outages and one that lasts a day or more at my home on average each year.

The female head of household uses Google TV in the den and can operate enough to play discs, TiVo OTA, or use the media player to play files I have recorded using PlayLater. She knows how to get to live TV.

3. Shaggadoo

Shaggadoo New Member

My Logitec Revue went right to LiveTV as default. It is a shame Sony wouldn't also.

4. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

· Press [Home] button > Press [Menu] ≣ button > from menu select "Home and All Apps settings" > select "Startup applications" > select "Live TV

(you may need to disable/enable "Quick start")

HH :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Shaggadoo

Shaggadoo New Member

That got it. Thanks.

6. Bigdave240

Bigdave240 New Member

I know this is an old thread but i found it while searching to fix my problem. i set it to start on live tv and that works when powering it up but if i switch my tv to another hdmi input to watch a movie on a dvd player when i switch back to the hdmi port that has the sony google tv box on it it is on the home screen without having touched the sony google box. any suggestions on why and how to fix this? drives my wife crazy that she has to find the google remote.

7. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bigdave240

Bigdave240 New Member

That was it! Turned hdmi control off in the GS7 and goes back to tv now. Thanks for your quick reply

9. drhill

drhill Member

CEC is an awesome idea, but it can be very troubled in its execution. There is too much room for interpretation by manufacturers for basic operation. They should have spent more time designing "profiles" that could be set for operation behaviors and allow manufacturers extend functionality.

10. Bigdave240

Bigdave240 New Member

agree. it seems to have a lot of possiblilities. but i just got a new denon receiver and found it pretty cool that it would shut down everything from one remote but then it was a pain because i had it set up on my Harmony remote so that i could use just the tv and directv box using the tv speakers for most normal tv watching and a second setup to use the receiver in the mix for better sound. but with hdmi control turned on it would turn on the rcvr each time no matter what. so turned it off on the rcvr but never thought about it on the sony google box. it was causing the sony box to go to the home page every time i switched to watch a movie then back to the tv. so it has a use but needs work

11. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Every time I've turned HDMI Control on, bad things have happened. I turn it off as a reflex anymore.