Quantcast

Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Jamon47, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Jamon47

Jamon47 New Member

Has anyone used/tried a stereo Bluetooth headset with the GS7 for wireless music listening and video watching. What brand/model did you use. Is there an app for that. Did it work fine. Was the audio in sync with the video... any other comments... Thanks

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. felipes

felipes New Member

I've been thinking about trying pairing an stereo bluetooth headset to my GS7 for some time. Today I decided to do so and, to my surprise, couldn't find a way to pair it! There is no such functionality on it. Apparently one can only pair keyboards (maybe mice too) with the GS7. Is that correct?

Best.

Felipe.

3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

^^^

I haven’t try it, but see if you can give THIS a try – good luck :)

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything that makes me believe these Google TV devices can send audio or video over Bluetooth, meaning no Bluetooth output. The only Bluetooth devices I am aware of that will work are keyboards, mice, phones, tablets and other devices that send the Bluetooth signal to the Google TV, not the other way around. If Google TV can work to send data over Bluetooth to a Bluetooth receiver, that will be good news and will surprise me. One way to use some Bluetooth headphones would be to connect a Bluetooth transmitter to the audio output, I have iLuv i903 that includes a Bluetooth adapter that will accept analog audio and output wirelessly to the Bluetooth headphones. It will work with an AV Receiver output or HD display audio output. An adapter that will accept optical audio input and transmit Bluetooth wirelessly to the headphones would work as well and could be connected directly to the NSZ-GS7 if such headphones with adapter exists, I haven't checked.

5. spiderpaz

spiderpaz New Member

I've got a sony NSZGS8 and I was hoping at least the googletv remote control app would get audio when it was connected so I could listen through the phone. I'm hoping there's a way to get either that working or:
    (ordered by preference)
    *Straight from a phone through an app
    *Pairing a bluetooth headset to the tv the same way you would to a phone
    *Using a usb adapter and pairing the headset to that
    *Using a bluetooth transmitter via left/right audio out (last resort) and pair a headset to that

I just want to be able to listen to the TV without sound on in the room (so as to not wake the baby if he's sleeping) using some kind of headphones without adding a whole mess of wires.

6. mathewjg

mathewjg New Member

I bought a bluetooth headphone receiver unit from ebay for about £7. You pair the unit with the GS7 and plug your headphones in. It works fine although the re-chargeable battery only lasts for about 4 hours. My only complaint is that the Bluetooth receiver does not have a volume control so might be an idea to get headphones with a volume control or one of those in line units. My reason for purchase was so that I can watch films late at night without disturbing everyone but in reality I cant be bothered to use the Bluetooth and just turn the TV volume down - I do have a decent Samsung home theatre but the bass booms too much for night time use

7. Black_Out

Black_Out New Member

Hi all. Just picked up a NSZ-GS7 @ BB today and been playing around with it. I can confirm that the tip linked to by Revue5 does work. I just paired my Scosche HZ8 BT headset to the box and it worked great. Played YouTube, Netflix and streamed video from my NAS using the media player app. All worked great. Just put your device into pairing mode, search for it under Network--> BT Settings and link it up. Had to restart the box, but after that, the headset worked flawlessly.

8. caines

caines New Member

I can also confirm it works I been using it every night for the last six months with a pair of parrot ziks. Sound is perfect and the remote control features of the headphone also work to control YouTube plex Netflix as well as my cable box. Perfect companion to keep my girlfriend asleep while I binge watch on Netflix and plex.