Quantcast

Bluetooth Audio Choppy - TV

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by magearden, May 30, 2015.

1. magearden

magearden New Member

Another issue has cropped up lately. I recently bought a pair of Headrush Harmony Bluetooth 3.0 headphones and wanted to use it with my Sony NSZ-GS7. So I paired it with the device and have come across choppy/stuttering sound. The strange thing is the audio is crisp and clear with no stuttering or choppiness when running apps like (Netflix and YouTube through the device) the audio is only choppy when listening to the TV audio through the BT headphones. Is there a fix for this. I've tried unpairing and pairing, as well as rebooting the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. guest

guest Active Member

Don't know if this will shed any light on the issue, but in the Menu on your TV, there's a setting for "TV Speaker - On/Off". Like if you had a sound bar, you would put it in the Off position. What is the audio like on your BT headphones when you put TV Speaker setting to Off?

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I just purchased a Bluetooth 3.0 headset but haven't tried it yet with Google TV, will do that soon and see what I find. One troubleshooting idea I have is to run a different audio source through the HDMI input instead of your TV source, try a Roku or whatever you might have and see if the audio plays properly. If not, the issue is likely with audio through the HDMI input since the apps you have tried don't have the issue. If the other source plays fine through the HDMI input, it is something about the TV source or how the TV source is set up. Are you using a cable box or other for your TV source?

If you are saying the Bluetooth audio directly from your TV is a problem, not being run through the GS7, I don't see how that could have anything to do with the GS7.

4. magearden

magearden New Member

@ChrisG8 the stuttering/choppy sound has made it to the apps as well. it looked as if it were working fine in the beginning but then I paired it again earlier and ran the YouTube app through the Sony NSZ GS7 and it became choppy as well. Guess I didn't use the headset long enough to notice. and yes I'm using a cable box Rogers Nextbox 3.0 :(

@guest I have a haier lec22b1380 and there doesn't seem to be an option to turn off the speaker in the menu :(

5. guest

guest Active Member

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  6. magearden

magearden New Member

Of what exactly :/ I don't see anything that may be of use. What exactly should I be looking for on that page ? I don't see anything regarding headphones or turning off speakers, am I missing something ?

7. guest

guest Active Member

I was thinking that maybe this was of value, I guess not.
    Note: 1. When HDMI1 has an input signal coming from a DVI source then the audio input signal must be

connected to the PC audio input.

2. When HDMI2 has an input signal coming from a DVI source then the audio input signal must be

connected to the YPbPr/AV audio input.
    ------
    If all else fails, call the manufacturer!
    Product Support
    Email:
    Send an Inquiry to Haier Customer Care Center
    customercare@haieramerica.com
    Phone:
    Talk to Our Product Support Experts
    1-877-337-3639 (8:00am-8:00pm EST)
    Support Haier America

8. magearden

magearden New Member

After speaking with a tech support representative of HeadRush over the phone I was told that the headphones were probably defective and that I should return them which is what I did :/