Quantcast

Black Srenn on Chrome flowplayer

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by armencbd, Jan 27, 2013.

1. armencbd

armencbd New Member

I want to watch some video on Chrome. It works in some add on called flowplayer, opens as additional screen. Seem all ok exsept there is black screen covering the video. It's very stange because I can see sove video on sides and full perfect audio. I vave 2 Sony devices with Google TV. The Sony TV set and new Sony box (no blu ray player). Can someone PLEASE, advice please how to stop black box covering this flowplayer. Also, when I am changing screen of player from small to full i can see the video for a second.

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Post the name of the site.

3. armencbd

armencbd New Member

etvnet dot com they have free prgrams to watch. I tryed sport, boxing.

4. Carlszone

As far as can tell that site is up for sale. Can't tell if it is still active but all the links took me to various search engines. Each site required a subscription or a software download. As you probably know we cannot download player software.

Carl

5. armencbd

armencbd New Member

I just try to look at the site again. It is require to download some player for chrome, called flowplayer. But it's regular site and not for sale at all. etvnet dot com. there is british flag on right top for english version.

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

You can't download Flowplayer from that site, whatever that is, only players to be installed are those developed for Android and the only players I have installed are for Google TV specifically. I won't bother to go to the site but in my experience every one of the sites that are just links to copyright violations are a crapfest of popup ads, requests to download players and redirects to sites with beautiful 21 year old women who can't wait to talk to me, all I need to do is give a credit card number. The chances I can fight through all of that to actually watch a video are too slim to bother with.

7. Carlszone

Ya got that right.

Btw, many sites use Flow Player. Our browser can play them directly as the media file allows default to our players. I explored the site to try and help. But the links just took me through a loop. It is a hosting site w/many site links. There's just no way I'm joining that site to properly test it. I get enough spam as it is.

Armencbd, have you had any success in viewing videos on that site via a computer or laptop? I'm simply trying to understand why folks are posting these bizarre sites and expecting their GTV devices to play them, when I couldn't do it on a PC. Folks don't mind helping ya, but you gotta try and find more user friendly sites.

Try getting the titles of the video you want to watch and search the youtube channels. I searched for a ETV net channel w/no luck. But ya might wanna try searching for specific videos.

Good Luck...

Carl

8. armencbd

armencbd New Member

OK, we are clearly not understanding each other. the site is not etv net it's etvnet dot com. I did try to watch it trough comp. And yes it does work just fine. However I got this Google TV thing connected to my tv for exactly this purpose, why would i bother to buy GTV if i can watch it on my comp? The site absoluey legit, I went with provided link and was able to download the flowpayer, as far as I understand flowplayer is developed for Android. It's flowplayer that not working properl. You said there are other sites using flowplayer. Advise me some, I want to test, this way ill know if it's the site or GTV. Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  9. Carlszone

Hi Armencbd

Flowplayer is used on many sites. I've seen it but only in passing. I haven't bookmarked a site. Usually I've found them on a few news sites. The versions I've come across are Flash & HTML 5. Both were compatible w/our devices. I think the problem you are having has to do with the security protocols on the site itself. Not the media files.

To learn more about Flow Player click Here.

Good Luck

Carl

10. Carlszone

Hi

Whatever the name of the site is, try using the search feature to see if you can find a more user friendly page. I suggested youtube because many sites now have a channel. If as you say the site is absolutely legit then ya might be able to find their content elsewhere. Btw, you can also e-mail the webmaster. Folks who try to help ya here can only go so far. If and when you get enough posts to submit the actual URL I or someone else should be willing to explore this further w/ya.

But for now, I can't access the video content you are referring to...

Sorry

Carl

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  11. nhenaoo

nhenaoo New Member

Hello there!

I've read all the threads about the blackscreen issue and it's exactly what is happening to me. The video plays great in a PC or a MAC /iOs but I can't play it on Logitech Revue.

Can you help me, please?

This is the video I want it to play <comunidadmariamediadora.com/page/television-catolica

Thank you soo muuchh!

12. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. I tried that site with my Logitech Revue. It said the video was being streamed in MP4 format. There have been previous reports that some MP4 videos on the Revue have audio but just a black screen. See the following thread:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...l-only-play-audio-revue-video-blank-help.html

I'm not aware of any fix to make the video stream work on the Revue. It's in a version of MP4 that's not supported on the Revue.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 2