Quantcast

Biggest Beef I have With GTV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by guest, Oct 28, 2014.

1. guest

guest Active Member

Chrome Settings! The device doesn't remember them!

Due to memory issues, we all have to regularly delete cookies/cache history. I find myself having to do it just about every day! O.K. that deletes saved passwords. But I have my Font Sizes set in Google Chrome (see Advanced Setting/Under The Hood/Customize Fonts). So when I delete cookies/cache/history, the Font Size settings get erased too! Is there any way I can permanently maintain my chosen Font Size settings? It's a pain in the neck having to reset them every day. Or twice a day!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

How are you clearing RAM? I use the Memory Booster app to clear RAM, it doesn't delete cookies, passwords, etc. just shuts down apps running in the background and taking memory. I use the default font so I can't say what needs to be done to permanently maintain a different font.

3. guest

guest Active Member

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I had used Memory Booster a few years ago, but deleted it. Now I need to look through my notes for the recommended settings for MB suggested by catfishrivers!

4. guest

guest Active Member

It didn't work. When I get the blue circle on the screen, going round and round, what I do is click ctrl/alt/del. Sometimes I delete the cookies/cache/history before ctrl/alt/del. Earlier, I installed the Smart Booster app thinking that that would solve the Font Size issue I related. What happened just now was I clicked ctrl/alt/del. The result was my Font Size settings were erased, again. This time I hadn't deleted cookies/cache/history. So the problem is occurring when I click CTRL/ALT/DEL.

I'm wondering if instead of hitting ctrl/alt/del, I just unplug the device from the wall for 30 seconds and see if that affects Font Size, as well. I'll post the result here shortly.

5. guest

guest Active Member

Being impatient, I went to the Smart Booster app and clicked "Boost Now". After doing so, I got the blue circle on the screen. i had no alternative but to either click alt/ctrl/del or unplug the device. I unplugged. When the device came back online, the Font Size setting WERE NOT erased. I hope that continues to be the case. [While composing this, I went to the app again and clicked Boost Now and got the blue circle again! This was like only 5 minutes after unplugging the device! This time, I hit alt/ctrl/del. When the device came back online, the Font Size setting WERE NOT erased. Again. Strange.]