Quantcast

Best Weather App for GTV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by mustang1068, Aug 15, 2011.

1. mustang1068

mustang1068 New Member

Not sure if I making any news here or not - probably not. But for other new GTV users like me, I just found the best weather app for GTV - The Weather Underground's full screen weather. Just go to the Weather Underground site and click on full screen. Once you have it bookmarked, it will always start in full screen. Very nice and TV friendly.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Here is the link which was suggested: Full Screen Weather : Weather Underground

I
    t is a shame that they pulled the Weather Channel app which worked on the Google TV beta. I guess the NBA Game Time app, which replaced it, was more relevant to their target audience.

3. rrrobertsson

rrrobertsson New Member

The accuracy of all the weather channels are bad - I use Belgingur

4. BamBam

BamBam New Member

This worked great until the TV was reset
    I set it up as I thought it was before where this is my home screen when the sets turned on
    But the address bar appears and I need to click the screen to get it to hide.
    Anyone know of a fix for this?

5. xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx New Member

Elecont Weather Quakes Radar is the best weather application for the GTV, hands down.

Sent from my Revue using Tapatalk 2

6. BamBam

BamBam New Member

When accessing this app in google play states not compatible for sony googletv

7. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I've found the Accu Weather App to be one of the best so far. It has a few quirks that are not very endearing to my Logitech Revue. But being that you are on an updated version of GTV, maybe this will work for ya. On the Revue it takes about 3-4 tries to get to the forecasts and videos. The widget works well, w/a refresh needed every few days. I use the widget more for appearance sake as it complements the Global live wallpaper on my homescreens. In the daytime it shows either the Sun or clouds and rain. At night it show the moon or clouds, rain.

If the developers of this App would do a little tweaking, well, it would be worth paying for.

Carl

8. xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx New Member

Just because GoogleTV marks an application as "Not Compatible" does not necessarily mean that it is not supported. It is side-loadable.

X