Quantcast

Best video content streaming/downloading/aggregate apps etc.

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by joeydrunk1, Apr 5, 2013.

1. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

Im sure these are old news to allot of you but I dusted off my revue becaue my htpc when **** up lately and now I have a new found stokeness for my revue- I cant get enought of it- these apps are simply amazing. I dont need anything else. There is "Mitty", I havent upgraded yet but Im wondering if the upgrade dramatically increases the speed because how it is now is ungodly slow. If it was faster it wopuld be awsome- My Internet speed is 3-7mbps. "1 channel", "amo navi for google tv", and "tv portal" are my favorite. The latter 3 are the same concept with different(and same) sources but Im also wondering if there are any more like these that im missing. It is def worth it to upgrade 1 channel, I upgraded tv portal but besides ads being gone havent really noticed a dif yet and i dont think you can upgrade amo navi. Also do any of the other torrent aps work like "A downloader" etc.? If the upgraded mitty works goo than im fine with taht but if not id like to explore some others. Oh also check out "symbaloo" app. You will need too install a orientation lock and lock it in landscape for the app to be able to even open. go to symballo.com and make an account and search for "gtv" or "google tv" and ad all of the pages. I have about 25 pages with 60 icons on each page so thats like 1500 widgets of video content- super cool.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. kingargyle

kingargyle New Member

You may want to check out Mizuu if you have videos on an external drive to view. If you have a Plex Media Server where your video content is check out, Serenity for Google TV. Either will give you a good looking interface for playing back your video content you have stored locally.