Quantcast

AVR Volume Control

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by Djinn5150, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

Probablly wishfull thinking but does anyone know of a way to control AVR volume with the "TV Speakers ON", IF its possible I must be missing something in the settings, FN+5 will power it on/off but fn+ < or > does nothing for volume unless I turn off the speakers. I don't always want the AVR on but when I do I would prefer to not have 50 button clicks to adjust the volume or have to find another remote, or is there a way to setup a shortcut to adjust that quickly?

2. Gaberlunzi

Gaberlunzi New Member

It originally worked that FN+< and FN+> would adjust the external volume independently whether the TV speaker is on or off, but this broke with an update last November. It defeats the whole purpose of having the FN volume control, because with the TV volume off you can use the regular volume controls. I did not notify LG or Google of the issue because I gave in and turned my TV speaker off permanently, but if you go to facebook.com/googletv and notify them that the FN volume controls do not work, and post back here that you did so, then I will do the same.

3. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

That I can do, I also plan on talking with LG, as well as maybe I will also look like breaking my "android ice" by working on a widget for the home screen to turn the speaker setting on/off quickly. Ideally the LG/Google Devs are working on fixing this issue. Intuitively you would think FN+5 would do this automatically.

4. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

Just to throw this out there, after talking with LG, I have come to the conclusion that this is the way they intend on this working, I don't forsee a "fix" in our future. I did find a easier way to change the setting quickly using tasker, secure settings and a widget on the home screen. If your interested let me know and I can post instructions, unfortunately you still have to manually "change" the setting but someone smarter then me(or given enough time me) might be able to get tasker to change the setting itself. Now in 3 button clicks TV speakers are on or off. Ideally I would like to get tasker to listen for the AVR On/OFF remote key then fire the task to turn the speakers on/off accordingly. Unfortunately there is not a lot of info on the GTV side of things with tasker YET.