Quantcast

AV Reciever problem cant set it up

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by balprix, Nov 13, 2010.

1. balprix

balprix New Member

Okay all this equipment is new just bought all of these and im having troubles getting audio out from the tv. I can get it through hdmi but I cannot listen to pandora, only live tv. I have;

Sony Google TV 40"
    Yamaha RX-V367
    Monster Optical Cable
    New HDMI Cables

Right now i have hdmi from cable box -> reciever -> tv and an optical cable from the tv to the reciever. the cable lights up but the reciever isnt picking up anything. i wasnt getting optical from my cable box either. RCA cables work from the box tho.
    Is there complications from the way im trying to set this up or what? I thought maybe there would be a way to switch audio output from the tv but i dont see anything like that. Please help me, im pulling my hair with this one!!

2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Did you say that you can get sound with the optical, or just with the rca plugs?
    It could be a setting on your Yamaha, as I had issues with mine which is a Yamaha RX-V765. Turned out, it was just a setting..
    It wasn't the GTV I had that issue, it was another box, but still a setting though...
    If not, another thing you might want to try is to make sure that the optical wire is not bent hard or creased. Did you say you saw the optic light light coming out of the stereo??
    Just some ideas I can come up with off the top of my head, and another couple ideas for you to try... Good luck, and let's hope you get it working tonight..