Quantcast

AUSTRALIAN revue user needs to manually enter network settings (DNS)

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by wgrayc, Oct 4, 2011.

1. wgrayc

wgrayc New Member

Hey Guys,

First of all already had some pretty great help from this site with a DLNA question and I'm really impressed with the community.

I'm a bit of an iOS junkie and ordered my first Android product, a Revue from the US for my Mum to use as a Catch Up TV viewer (Australian sites) and for podcasts etc I send on USB drive.

As expected, all of the US content is blocked, but if I could manually set the DNS server, we could get around it like I do with my Apple TV and access US sites and my Netflix membership. I have searched and searched with no luck.

Does anyone know how to manually enter network settings into the Revue so I can set the DNS server?

Thanks in advance guys/girls!

2. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

You can not manually enter network settings on 2.1 in the latest 3.1 leak you can indeed do a manual setup

3. DefenderBob

DefenderBob New Member

a reliable DNS that I have used in the past is 4.2.2.2

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

One way is to use a separate router where you can manually alter the DNS server addresses. The Revue will be in a separate network than the rest of your network. Think of it as a "super militarized zone".

5. stuberman

stuberman Member

You can also use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 which are Google's DNS servers. The address above is for Verizon servers.

6. wgrayc

wgrayc New Member

Here I am paying for a dns like a sucker! Once I'm done I'll put up a post about using a revue in Australia and what you can / can't do and how to get us content because someone similar sure doesn't exist onlineWe setup up 'Mezzmo' which looked pretty set-and-forget with a video on mums desktop in case she needs to do anything with it. We will see how it all goes without me thereI'm a pretty serious apple fanboy and we are loving this Revue, sort of wish I hadnt given it to my mum haha. I think with th new update I'll probably get another for myself

7. IronLionZion

IronLionZion New Member

i'm from Israel and had the same issue.

i bought a subscrition at at unblock-us.com and changed the DNS entries in my router ,
    and i can get all of the US content with no problems.