Quantcast

Audio works, video not working at all

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Attezz, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Attezz

Attezz New Member

I promise I scoured for the answer before starting this thread :)

I've had the new Sony unit since it came out, and last night is when the problem began.

Basically everything works perfectly, all the apps including Google Chrome work, videos even work when viewing them through Chrome.

The problem is that when trying to view a video through Plex or the Youtube app the audio will work flawlessly but the screen will remain completely blank the entire time.

I have absolutely no idea what to try to fix it.

Any ideas?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I suggest doing a factory reset of your router. If that doesn't fix it - then as a troubleshooting measure try connecting directly to your modem by ethernet.

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I have this same problem with certain video files played with plex and the suggestion of resetting the router did not help. What I did to fix those files that did not show the video with playback is run plex on the google tv and go to the settings page and choose advanced settings and change direct play from enabled to to offer choice of direct play. The next time you play the video file you will get a choice popup of something like let plex decide what to use and another choice to choose from that I can't remember.

Try then picking the choice that does not let plex choose how to play the file. Most of the time letting plex choose will be the right option though.