Quantcast

Audio Sync Problems -- when is Sony going to finally address this??

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by drew.ward, Sep 22, 2012.

1. drew.ward

drew.ward New Member

I have a Sony Google TV and have had these problems with audio being out of sync since a software update a few months ago.

My setup is as follows:

TV: Sony NSX-40GT1
    DVD/Surround: Sony BDV-E580

I have a DirecTV HD DVR going into the home theatre via HDMI. The home theatre and TV are connected via HDMI to each other using each device's ARC input/output HDMI connection. All HDMI cables are the newest standard with the highest speed, largest bandwidth, and multidirectional communication.

The audio gets out of sync just as so many other threads on here describe (old Kung-Fu movie style). It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it makes it almost impossible to watch. Sometimes it does it from the beginning. Sometimes it starts normal and slowly gets more and more out of sync.

It happens on DirecTV, on DVD, and on Netflix (via the Google TV software within the TV). It is identical in all situations whether we use the TV speakers alone, the receiver speakers alone, or both TV and receiver speakers together.

This has been going on for months now and seems to be getting worse with every software upgrade they do. The TV never did this (exact same setup) for the first 6 months or so I owned it and only started after one of their updates.

This is really ruining our experience with a bunch of Sony products that we have been otherwise quite pleased with (except for the ridiculous amount of time you have to wait till it will let you put it on the input you want following power-on).

Is there any acknowledgement or information from Sony regarding this?

Anything I can do?

2. skypros

skypros New Member

Interesting..... I have an LG G2 TV and it has audio sync problems, It has been in the TV repair shop twice trying to deal with this issue.

3. skinfreak

skinfreak New Member

i have this too. simple setup for me with a single hdmi into a bravia tv. the google play copy of tranformers 3 is unwatchable via youtube purchases.