Quantcast

Audio Sync and Choppy audio

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by booster944, Apr 19, 2013.

1. booster944

booster944 New Member

I have had the co-star now since september and really just recently (since last update i suppose) I have been noticing that the audio and video go out of sync, and that the audio becomes choppy or low quality. I will try to replace my cables over the weekend, but was wondering if anyone else experiences this?

Note: issue occurs with live tv, not with streaming or gtvbox/vimu

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Try live TV connected directly to the monitor or AVR, not through the Co-Star, and see if the issue persists.

3. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

Do you leave your CoStar on all the time? if so, that means time for a reboot (of the CoStar)

4. booster944

booster944 New Member

It's always plugged in, but "off" when I hit the off button on for co star and then turn tv off. Only thing that temporarily fixes is an unplug of power cable when audio is way out of sync

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

5. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

I leave my Revue and CoStar on 24/7. I start getting audio/video hiccups with the Revue maybe once/month... I do a power cycle just b/c its easier than the menu navigation when the unit has gone to choppy mode.

I'm not sure I have seen a reboot option on the CoStar ?? So its a power cycle that too. It happens more randomly on the CoStar. Its possible that a cache cleaner, etc might prevent this from happening. I haven't tried that approach.

6. Suchit_alken

Suchit_alken New Member

Guys,

I have audio sync issue same like yours since last 1 year. It happens all the time when I am watching youtube videos, netflix, vudu, etc. I tried factory restore and/or reboot several time but never ever resolved. So please let me know how you guys have been able to resolve this? Thank you in advance.