Quantcast

Audio Setup

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by mr_mister, Feb 12, 2012.

1. mr_mister

mr_mister New Member

i have a Sony Google TV, an hdtv sat/cable box, and receiver, all with hdmi.

Is there a way to get audio from sat/cable AND internet (Netflix, Pandora, etc) via hdmi through my stereo or do I need to use the digital optical out?

Thanks!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Id you have a Sony NSZ-GT1 or Logitech Revue then Set-top box > Google TV > AV Receiver > Television. If you have a Sony NSX-GT(size#) television then Set-top box > AV Receiver with ARC > GTV's HDMI #1 port otherwise if your receiver doesn't support ARC then you might also have to add the digital optical output to realign the sound for the AVR.

3. mr_mister

mr_mister New Member

Thanks fo rthe reply. I have the Sony NSX 40 and a receiver with ARC. I connected the cable box to the receiver, then the receiver ARC monitor port to GTV's HDMI port #1. Cable TV works fine but when I switch to Pandora or Netflix, etc, I still hear cable channels through my receiver. What am I missing?!

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the ability to hear Pandora or Netflix. Anyways, in order for ARC to work, you'll need to enable it on both the receiver and the TV. Here's the Sony's page for the television, "How to use the Audio Return Channel (ARC) Feature on the Sony Internet TV"