Quantcast

Audio Lip Sync Issues

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by jdk1962, Sep 5, 2012.

1. jdk1962

jdk1962 New Member

I have the Sony NSZ-GS7 box connected to a new Dish Network Hopper DVR. I am experiencing lip sync issues with the audio on several channels. Sometimes it is just barely noticeable and sometimes it is as much as a half second off. The audio is lagging behind the video. The mouths move and then the sound comes out. The audio sync adjustment in the settings adjusts in the wrong direction. It seems to be made for when the video lags behind the audio.

I have tried everything I know to troubleshoot the problem. I even hooked the Sony box directly to my TV via HDMI to eliminate my receiver as a potential problem. I still get the same audio lag. I tried using an optical cable and there was no difference. When I remove the Sony box and hook the hopper up directly to the TV or receiver, the audio is fine. The problem is definitely being caused by the Sony box.

I returned the first box to the store and got another one to see if it would make a difference and it did not. Either there is something wrong with the Sony box or there is some kind of compatibility issue with the Dish Hopper. The problem is consistent and easily to reproduce when playing recordings from my DVR. It happens with live TV and recorded programs.

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? I really like the Sony Google TV box but if this issue can't be resolved I will have no choice but to return it.

2. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Member

I have it is a bug with Sony firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. thomasw80

thomasw80 New Member

I'm having the same issue with the audio sync. I'm connected to DVR box (COX) and audio is out of sync on several channels. If any one has a "FIX" for this please let us know.