Quantcast

Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by wazhappenindude, Dec 3, 2011.

1. wazhappenindude

wazhappenindude New Member

I am experiencing an audio issue with the Sony Blu-Ray internet TV. It is connected via HDMI to my AVR. TV is also connected to AVR via HDMI.

When I first fire up Netflix, there is no audio. This is the same case when I view a video on youtube.

However, if I launch Pandora and play music, audio works when I go back to Netflix.

Blu-ray playback has no issues whatsoever so I don't think there is something wrong with my AVR (Onkyo Ht-380).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.:)

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It sounds like there might be something wonky going on with the audio subsystem. Try rebooting the the Google TV device by press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del]. That should allow it to reload the entire operating system and its subsystems.

3. wazhappenindude

Thanks for the reply. When I turn off GTV the problem starts again. Could this be a bug with GTV 2.0?

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It is possible. Though, when you turn off the Blu-Ray player, by default it doesn't turn off the Google TV platform unless you have set GTV Settings > Disc Player settings > Eco > Quick start > Off. You'll need to press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] in order for the system too fully reboot. Also, the problem can occur due to a sag in the 5V required to keep HDMI transmissions stable. You might try swapping the HDMI cables with a short, quality cable if this persists. If that doesn't work then I would contact Sony Technical Support for further troubleshooting and reporting it as a bug.

5. wazhappenindude

I tried your suggestions but they did not help. I guess I will have to contact Sony Support. If they cannot offer a solution to this, this will be going back to the retailer. :( I'm beginning to like it actually but the problem makes the experience less exciting.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sorry, I couldn't be much help. Hope it works out for you.

7. wazhappenindude

I was able to figure a temporary fix by connecting an optical cable from the Sony to the Onkyo. I am able to get audio from Netflix, web site videos and Google Music. But I will still contact Sony since this may be a bug.