Quantcast

Audio, is it only 2.1

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by fairweather9, Aug 13, 2011.

1. fairweather9

fairweather9 New Member

I just got my box yesterday so forgive me if I have missed something. First let me tell you I have a Roku set up as well as this, $99 new toy how can a girl resist... When using the roku I get much better sound, 5.1. I have used identical content, Crackle on both devices playing identical movies, Resident Evil. I get the full 5.1 using Roku but only 2.1 on the Logitech Revue did I miss something in the set up?

2. surprisinguy

surprisinguy New Member

I'm not completely positive, but I believe you only get that if you use the optical out. That is working for me anyway.

3. fairweather9

fairweather9 New Member

I kind of had a feeling I would have to "walkaround" it that way but HDMI should pass 5.1, well I guess I'll dig around my box of cables and see if that works, thanks for the quick reply.

4. fairweather9

fairweather9 New Member

Well still not getting the full range of audio out of netflix on the logitech v the roku but my cable box sounds better so there is that.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Netflix would have to update their app for 5.1 compatibility. Right now, they actually have a small subset of clients with 5.1 audio compatibility. So, its just a matter of time for their Android developers to catch up with our desires.