Quantcast

AT&T Uverse / Logitech Revue Issue, DRM?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by gr81matt, Aug 15, 2011.

1. gr81matt

gr81matt New Member

Hey Gang,

I got the Revue a couple days ago and everything is working pretty much perfectly except from one major deal-breaking problem that I can't seem to figure out. Everything is fine while I am actively watching and using the STB/GTV, but as soon as I power down the TV and the Uverse box (with the AT&T remote) I run into problems. Normally the STB goes into a lower-power stand-by mode that still does some things like kick-on to record scheduled shows.

The problem is now when I power down the STB doesn't go into stand-by, it goes into some sort of deeper off state that doesn't come back on to record, and it goes through a much longer power-up process. It's not quite as long as the Manual Reset, but it's obviously not working like it's supposed to. This doesn't seem to happen right away, it's more like after some period of inactivity.

At first, I thought maybe the GoogleTV box was sending it the wrong "off" signal via IR, so I removed the ATT box from the GTV profile and set it instead to Generic Video source. This seemed at first like it was better, but this morning my test show failed to record overnight and it again went through this longer start-up process.

Anyone have any experience with this issue? Could the AT&T box be getting information via HDMI that's sending it into this state? Could this be some sort of DRM measure AT&T is taking when it detects something between it and the TV? I'm not sure what else could be going on.

Here's the Set-up:

Video: AT&T Uverse STB (VIP-1225) > HDMI > Logitech Revue (Latest Updates) > HDMI > Samsung TV
    Audio: AT&T Uverse STB (VIP-1225) > HDMI > Logitech Revue (Latest Updates) > Optical > Samsung HT-Z510

Thanks in advance!

_matt

Update: I guess it's a known software issue between this AT&T box and the Revue.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. dlbark

dlbark New Member

I was just Googleing this similar issue, I'm using the satellite box, VIP-1200 and it places the box in a dormant state where I have to physically reset the box. I'm starting to assume that it does have something to do with HDMI connection. If Sony or another company comes out with a new box I'll be all over it and I'll just give this to someone else. My only other thought is that it's happening because of the security OTA prepping the Revue got for HCB 3.1.

3. kendenny

kendenny New Member

I have the same issue. When I turn off the TV, the google box sets the Uverse box into some kind of dormant state and it fails to record shows that are scheduled to record. Since my TV has 2 HDMI inputs, I'm thinking of plugging each box into a separate input so the google box is not able to communicate with the uverse box.

4. Aggie91

Aggie91 New Member

I am having the same issue with uverse... Anyone having luck fixing it?

5. kendenny

kendenny New Member

If your TV has two HDMI ports you can solve the problem by plugging the uverse box and the google box into separate HDMI ports. You will have to switch the input on your TV when you switch between them and you can't use the "Watch live TV" option on the google box. You can still watch live TV by switching the input on your TV. If your TV only has one HDMI input then you'll have to use either the AV or the component input for one of the boxes.
    But if you connect the uverse box to the google box, it will not record stuff you want to record unless you leave your TV on 24/7.