Quantcast

AT&T Bundles Internet, HBO, And A Year Of Amazon Prime For $39

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Sep 22, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

AT&T bundles internet, HBO, and a year of Amazon Prime for $39 | The Verge (click for full article)

By Chris Welch on September 22, 2014 04:08 pm @chriswelch

-- Cable packages are looking awfully expensive these days — especially to cord-cutters used to spending $10 a month on Netflix and (for the lucky ones) borrowing someone else's HBO Go login. So as Recode notes, AT&T is now offering a pretty fantastic bundle meant to lure in those users and eventually convert them into loyal customers. For $39 a month, you get broadband internet, a basic U-verse TV package, and access to both HBO and Amazon Prime. Yes, HBO Go access is included. And on the Amazon side, you're not just limited to Prime Instant Video; you get a full Amazon Prime subscription, which includes other perks like free two-day shipping, Prime Music, and so on. If you're already a Prime member, the extra year from AT&T's deal just gets tacked on to your existing subscription.

Read more at: AT&T bundles internet, HBO, and a year of Amazon Prime for $39 | The Verge

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't read to see the specifics regarding internet speed, but that is a great deal.

3. Travel

Travel Active Member

That's $440 for a year, and then your bill skyrockets up after the first year. A whopping $180 "termination fee" if you find a better deal and want to bail before paying for the full year.

And how about all the channels you don't get?

The Amazon free shipping is only good if Amazon ships it, not if it's shipped by various individual retailers.

A year year goes by pretty fast.

No thanks.

4. ChrisG8

If this deal is still available when my Comcast promotion ends, I will sure sign up. Most people understand when the year is up, you can switch back to what you are doing now or something else if the increase makes the U-verse package unattractive. As far as getting internet, HBO GO, an economy digital cable package, and Amazon Prime for a rate better than $40/month? Ha, go ahead and show me one example where that has ever happened, I have never seen it. If you don't want HBO GO, Amazon Prime and U-verse, buy something you do want.

If you want to whine about anything a pay TV service does, go ahead, nobody will care.

5. Travel

Travel Active Member

Why you insist that these year-only, nickel and dime "deals" are so great is a mystery. They are a dime a dozen and Comcast etc., have better "deals" regularly, and they're ripoffs also.

It's funny watching someone defend cable prices; it's as if you worked for them.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  6. ChrisG8

Go ahead and try to back up one of your nonsense claims. Provide evidence of a better deal than this. Show me Comcast's deal that is better than this. I have never seen you offer anything to support your claims and I am sure that this time won't be any different.

7. Travel

Travel Active Member

Right, I'll run right out and "gather evidence" with links to various "deals" of all the cable companies over a period of years just for you (lol).

It's you who has something to prove.
    You actually think that these joke, "one year only" "deals" are great
    What are you going to do? Hop back and forth from cable to FiOS to Dish installation every year looking for the next deal for a year?

You're the only one that I've ever heard of who thinks cable prices are a good deal. Astonishing.

It doesn't even matter which deal is "better" that the other, it's all price gouging no matter how it's looked at.

Also, it's you who needs to prove that this "deal" is better than allll the other deals that have been offered. It's you who needs to "back up your claim."

What if someone hates Amazon Prime? How good of a deal is it for them? What about elderly women who are appalled by HBO movies and series obscenities. How good of a deal is it for them?

8. ChrisG8

As expected, you have offered nothing but more nonsense. I stated this is a good deal if you want internet, HBO, Amazon Prime, and a budget digital cable TV package, if not, buy something you do want. You offer the idiotic response, not everybody will want those things. That makes it a bad deal for those that do?

9. Travel

Travel Active Member

I's not a "good deal." It never is when it's for a-year-only. It isn't as if the price increases per administrative costs/taxes, it skyrockets in price after a year, after they've hooked people in.

It's a cabal, like OPEC. There are no "good deals." Only price gouging.

It's you who has something to prove.
    You actually think that these joke, "one year only" "deals" are great
    What are you going to do? Hop back and forth from cable to FiOS to Dish installation every year looking for the next deal for a year?

You're the only one that I've ever heard of who thinks cable prices are a good deal. Astonishing.

It doesn't even matter which deal is "better" that the other, it's all price gouging no matter how it's looked at.

Also, it's you who needs to prove that this "deal" is better than allll the other deals that have been offered. It's you who needs to "back up your claim."

What if someone hates Amazon Prime? How good of a deal is it for them? What about elderly women who are appalled by HBO movies and series obscenities. How good of a deal is it for them

10. ChrisG8

Unbelievable, you apparently can't understand a very simple concept. I stated this is a great deal, I am not aware of anything better, if you want internet, HBO, Amazon Prime and a digital cable package. It is impossible for me to prove a negative, that there is nothing better, even if I listed a thousand offers that aren't as good, that doesn't mean there is nothing better.

If you don't want the things offered with this package or think others shouldn't want the things offered with this package, so what? Nobody is going to consult with you to know what services they should buy. Nobody cares that you can't figure out how to switch back to the current plan after a year is up if needed, I know how to do that and I believe so do a lot of other people.

As expected you provided nothing to support your claim there are better deals than this AT&T U-verse offer for the people that want what this package offers. You stated Comcast has a better deal, what is it? I am a Comcast subscriber, nothing I am aware of comes close for that group of services.

I never stated this package is the best deal for everybody regardless of what they want, only that if they want exactly what this package includes, it is a great deal. If they don't want to have to switch in a year, then they may not want this deal, again so what, that doesn't change anything about this deal for those that can live with that requirement.

11. Travel

Travel Active Member

The "simple concept" is that it's not a great deal. If it was a permanent base price you might have an argument, but it isn't, and you don't.

12. ChrisG8

As I expected, you don't know of a better deal, your claim was nonsense.

13. Travel

Travel Active Member

Just as I suspected, your claim that this a great deal is totally unsupported by facts. One year deals, aren't good deals.

And no, no one has to go out and collect all the deals that all the cable companies have offered to demonstrate to you, better deals of the past. That's really knda silly of you. Everyone has gotten deals in the mail and e-mail etc., and are familiar with this.