Quantcast

Asus Dual Boot - Windows 8 + Android

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by guest, Jan 11, 2014.

1. guest

guest Active Member

The Asus Transformer Book Duet hybrid can instantly switch between Windows and Android | The Verge

Now this is technology that should be built into Android TV's! The manufacturers need to throw off their tunnel-vision googles and stop being so parochial when it comes to Android. Sure we all want Android to succeed. But Android hasn't yet taken over the world. Meanwhile, we Android TV users are disadvantaged by being locked into only one O.S. There are a number of sites I would dearly like to access, but can't with Android. Let's all be on the lookout for Asus, which currently is manufacturing Android-based Chromebooks, to incorporate this dual boot technology into their, hopefully, Google TV's.

If the dangers of Windows devices, their being virus-magnets, can somehow be ringfenced, and not contaminate the Android side of the device, Android not yet being a virus-magnet, I certainly would be a buyer of such a device.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I think the consumer will need to be educated about the benefits of a Windows and Android dual boot tablet or PC. I don't think I get it but maybe I could be convince, after I all, I do use both Windows and Android often. I have never wanted Windows on my tablet and never wanted Android on my laptop.

3. guest

guest Active Member

There's a lot of joking in the media about Obama's line "if you want your plan , you can keep your plan". In that spirit, I would say, "if you want your Android, you can keep your Android" with the Asus Dual Boot! lol

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

This should be interesting. Early on I've read articles that cautioned against PCs that attempted a Windows/Android dual sys. But maybe this is a new approach that may just work.