Quantcast

Ariss MP2000NA Cable box with Co-Star

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by bigsam411, Feb 12, 2013.

1. bigsam411

bigsam411 New Member

After a couple of months of using Windows Media Center and passing an Xbox through my Co-Star as a Media Center Extender I have decided to switch to a whole home DVR from my cable provider (Wowway). Their setup involves one DVR/Cable modem, and two media players that go into the televisions. When I try to setup the media player as a device in the Co-Star it will not find the IR codes for it (or at least they wont work). I have found out that an alternative name for the Ariss setup is the Moxi which was a commercial DVR they once sold and have been able to type that in but none of the IR codes I tried have worked. Normally I would just say that they are not in the database but I have been able to get the same device to work with my Hisense Pulse in my bedroom. In all the searching I have done I have found nothing that would help me. If anyone knows of anything that would be very helpful. I would like to be able to properly use the Primetime guide.

Thanks

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi Sam

First, from Home Settings>TV Source, make sure to enter the correct cable box and model number. Choose 'Not Listed' if the box doesn't show up. Check to see if yer Remote can control yer cable box. If not then go to Input Devices and use the manual method to input key commands using the DVR remote per instructions. The Vizio setup may be slightly different than my unit but the commands should be the same. You may have to command each key, ie., Volume, Channel up/down, etc.

Carl

3. bigsam411

bigsam411 New Member

I got it to work. I'm just dumb. There is the option to add a Cable/satellite box, and then right next to that there is an option to add a DVR. How I did not see the DVR option is beyond me but it now works. The new popup guide feature is pretty awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

You're not dumb! You knew to ask the right questions and NOT call Vizio Support.

Yer ahaead of the game...

Have Fun!

Carl