Quantcast

Are Ruku Apps free?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by cordova5252, Nov 9, 2011.

1. cordova5252

cordova5252 New Member

Question. Are ruku apps free or do I have to pay for each one, if so whats the prize? I was trying to make an account on ruku's web site and they wanted my credit card.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It's Roku by the way. The Roku requires you to register your credit card for an account when you activate it because not all of their apps are free. Some are, some aren't. They want to make the ability to purchase channels easy, so you're less inhibited to buy and try them out. It is like any app market where there's some developers will associate a cost to use their applications. The cost may be up front or through a subscription service. The category that had the most paid apps was Games though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Additionally, like other App Markets, there are also free and paid versions of an app, with the free having only basic functionality, and trialware type arrangements. :)

4. cordova5252

cordova5252 New Member

thanks, I want to get the hd 1080p wireless roku for christmas. I thought it cost money to use, like the xbox live subscription.

• Like Like x 4