Quantcast

Are BTN2GO, TBS, TNT apps available on Google TV model 50GA6400

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by martin.jame, Mar 17, 2014.

1. martin.jame

martin.jame New Member

I bought a Samsung Smart TV and it turned out to be useless, so I'm turning to Google. Does anybody know if you can download the BTN2GO, TBS, or TNT android app on Google TV [FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]50GA6400? If thats not possible, does anybody know if I can live stream these channels on Google TV web browser….i assume the TV has Google Chrome. [/FONT]

2. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

Based on my Hisense TV these would all have to be side loaded and not directly installed from the store. I have not tested any but I could try later. As far as the browser goes. On JB the browser will not use flash so if he mobile sites for those channels are Flash they will not work.

3. ericd

ericd Active Member

I'm not familiar with BTN2GO but TNT and TBS can both be sideloaded (won't load directly from playstore) I tried both but my cable provider (TWC) isn't a supported provider on either the apps or the website. If your provider does allow access the apps should work though. I can get you the APK's if you want.

4. martin.jame

martin.jame New Member

I'm not sure exactly how to side load content. I assume you put the file on a jump drive and then plug it into your tv's usb port in the back? If this is the case, where did you download the TBS and TNT app off of?

5. ericd

ericd Active Member

Just open your TV browser to this page and hit these links TNT

TBS

Just let me know when you got them. I don't like leaving the links up for too long.

If you show me the Playstore link to the other app you wanted, I'll see if I can pull the Apk for you.

If you have another Android device that has access to the Playstore, I can walk you through the sideload process. There is other ways to do it without a 2nd device but I don't know that process too well. You can try googling the desired app's Apk but that can be a scary proposition. Some of the sites that have Apk's listed are a little on the sleazy side. Getting the official Playstore apk is always safer. The 2 I linked are a couple months old but straight from the Playstore. Like I posted earlier they load and install but I can't see how well they stream because my cable provider isn't supported

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  6. martin.jame

martin.jame New Member

Eric I got both links I will see if I can put them on jump drive and side load them. I'll let you know what the results are as far as signing in and all. Thanks for the help!

7. martin.jame

martin.jame New Member

misread the article, i will try it on the tv browser!

• Like Like x 2
  8. ericd

ericd Active Member

Yeah, you don't need to bother with a jump drive, just hit the links on the LG's browser, and then hit the "download" button and it'll start installing

Is the BTN2 go the Big Ten sports app? If so I can pull that for you in a second

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  9. ericd

ericd Active Member

I'm getting ready to call it a night. I'll check back in tomorrow night and see if you got those 2 working.

The BTN2go app is a little funky, I'm not sure it will work. It's got 2 separate apps, 1 for a phone and 1 for a tablet. I sideloaded the tablet version, it installed and started up but once at the home screen it crashes whenever I try to select any content.

The app mandates that location be turned on and the service isn't available in my area (so that might be what's causing it to crash). Anyways, here's that APK. If it doesn't work for you, I'll post the phone version up tomorrow.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014