Quantcast

Apps not installing on the 3.1 update Logitech Revue.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Cory_Taylor, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Cory_Taylor

Cory_Taylor New Member

I just got the update for the Revue and have been trying to install apps. They show installing but that is it. They never install and i never get an error.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Try GTV Settings > Applications > Manage Application the performing a Force Stop and Clear Data for Market, Market Feedback Agent, Market Updater. Once you're done reboot the it by pressing [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] then try again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cory_Taylor

Cory_Taylor New Member

Thanks for the reply. I will try this this evening.

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. I hope it works out for you.

5. guptarajesh75

guptarajesh75 New Member

I am having the same problem. I did what you said Cory, but it still not installing. When i go to My Apps and i see the apps there. I tried to launch it from there it says "There was a problem with launching, please try again" Its happening with all the apps.

6. jdlevgoogle

jdlevgoogle New Member

I have had the same issue. After resetting the box CTRL + ALT + DEL these items usually install. It's quite annoying. Hopefully they patch this issue.

7. louieMPG

louieMPG New Member

I was having the same problem, what did work for me , so,,,i reset the modem, and router . it's been working .. can't tell you why. wish i knew,,good luck

8. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Sometimes when I try to download an app I have the same problem mentioned in this post. Usually I just refresh the page and then on the second try it works.

One other annoying thing that I noticed is that all of my cookies are erased after I have downloaded any app. After I download an app and then return to chrome browser - I will need to re-sign in to all of my web sites with my username and password. Is anyone else having this issue?

9. Furious

Furious New Member

Having the same issue. Tried to force quit and clear data followed by a reset and I am still unable to install apps. Have there been any new developments on this issue?

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You can also try using the Using Google Public DNS in case your ISP's DNS servers have obsolete cached information which is preventing you from fully participating in the Android Market.

11. Furious

Furious New Member

Would I have to make these changes in the router or is there a way to do this within the Revue? Thanks for all your help.

12. Furious

Furious New Member

I went into the router and changed to the Google DNS and the issue hasn't been resolved. Am I missing something here?

13. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Probably the inability to install Android apps. Otherwise, you wouldn't be asking. Did you make the changes in the WAN settings or the LAN settings? If it is the LAN setting, I suspect you'll need to shutoff the Revue, revoke its DHCP lease, for the changes to take affect.

14. Furious

Furious New Member

Lol I know what I am missing out on, I meant is there a step that I am missing to remedy the situation. I am going to check where I made the changes and then do a hard reset on the Revue. Once again I appreciate your help.

15. Furious

Furious New Member

Working after a Hard-Reset

16. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Excellent! Glad you were able to get it working. Though that's very odd it should work, if you had already did a force close and clear data on all three Market instances in the Manage Application control panel. I guess there could have been another bit of cached information somewhere else that wasn't addressed in that process.

17. Eloog

Eloog New Member

I HAD THE VERY SAME PROBLEM AS OTHERS HERE,AND Hard-Reset IS WHAT IT TOOK TO MAKE MY REVUE WORK.