Quantcast

Apps not compatible

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by tearjay, Jul 11, 2012.

1. tearjay

tearjay New Member

Hi I just got the sony blueray box and I was wondering if there was a reason why many of the android aps are not compatible with google tv. ARe they blocked by sony or is It because of the software. I wanted the mp3 download and tune in radio and the ones I wont are not compatible . Also why are many user made videos on you tube not compatible with the box The box is basically a computer why cant it play these videos. Thanks TJ

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Use the Google Play store here for access to compatible apps, there are hundreds, probably thousands by this time. Yes, Google TV is basically a tablet computer without screen but instead with HDMI input and output running software unique to Google TV, designed specifically for the purpose at hand. I much prefer Google TV to a traditional computer for the intended purpose but I also have a traditional laptop connected for the rare time I need it. It may be that Google TV will be updated to play all videos accessible with YouTube at some point, but I have not seen that issue addressed by Google or Google TV developers.