Quantcast

Applications that support ALL 3D modes on LG 47G2

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by Maconsultant, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

So when watching Live TV if you enable the 3D setting you get four choices of four different 3D modes. Now my question is if viewing media via Plex or Avia and you enable the 3D setting you only get one choice of one 3D mode.

How can i get the option of having access to all the 3D modes via all apps just as they are available when watching Live TV.?

Thanks

2. Gaberlunzi

Gaberlunzi New Member

I don't think it is possible. I am hoping they will start supporting the other modes, like side-by-side, for applications in a future update. Ironically, on Live TV, the 2D->3D mode is the only one that is useful, yet on YouTube, where there is lots of side-by-side content, it is not available.

3. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

I thought I was going crazy.. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my thread. Who do we put pressure on @ LG regarding this.?

Sent from another Nexus 7..
    3G...

4. Gaberlunzi

Gaberlunzi New Member

I just went to facebook.com/googletv and wrote on their wall. If you find my post and like/comment on it, that will help. If you don't find my post, just write a new one. You can also contact LG. Find their contact info on lg.com. They really do answer the phone. When I reported a defect in a previous update, then talked to Google and called me back to give me an update. For anything that is important to you, I suggest you use both methods.

5. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

Thank you, unfortunately I ditched facebook a year ago. I'll give them a buzz and report back...

Sent from another Galaxy..
    S3...

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I believe the reason that side-by-side 3D mode doesn't work on YouTube (with GTV devices) - is because the GTV Chrome browser currently doesn't support this feature. So this would actually be an issue that Google needs to address in a future update.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  7. Gaberlunzi

Gaberlunzi New Member

I knew that was the case with Chrome not supporting the 3D encoded videos in YouTube, but I didn't know that was why the side-by-side videos in YouTube don't work. Thanks for the clarification.

8. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

my suggestion is to also post on the Google TV page in Google+....

im also fairly certain that both Google and LG troll through sights like this one. when i called in about the blank screen issue, i actually gave them the address to this site.

9. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

i would think (and im no 3D signal expert) when watching TV, the cable box is not sending 3D signal info (telling the TV what type of 3D it is) thus giving you the options for all 3D options and maybe youtube or other sources will send a specific (SBS for example) signal so the TV only gives you that option to choose from?

i wouldnt expect anyone at the customer service level to know any of the intricacies of 3D signals and what causes a TV to give you certain options over others

10. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

I'm not sure about that as my nas doesn't send any 3d specific info just the video stream and I only have 2d-3d conversion. If what you said was right wouldn't we have access to all formats when playing back media files via a dlna browser/player..? Having access to all 3D formats across all inputs would rock and actually take this set over the top. I also don't get why they have not enabled Dlna natively without the need for a 3D party app.. that's just lazy on LG's part.

S3...

11. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

i agree having all the 3D options on all inputs i feel is the best.

oh and i think that DLNA issue you speak of was Googles doing, not LG. all of LG's smart TV's support DLNA with no additional app

12. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

That's crazy if Google was the reason for the non support of DLNA (Has DLNA been stripped from the google tv/android OS)..? That was one of the features I loved about the sony first gen sets I have about 24tb of nas storage and I was able to have my whole library at my disposal and now I must shuffle files back and forth just to be able to watch 3D content..

13. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

after the last update 'Avia' has been added as a premium app...im pretty sure that supports DLNA....or you can use PLEX (was that added to premium?)

14. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

Yeah I had both of them before the last update.. But they don't support all 3D modes..

S3...

15. Yorch

Yorch New Member

I am actually suffering the same problem as all of you. I love Plex and Vimu (GTV) since I can stream all my movies from my server, but for 3D, I have to load them up on a hard drive and using the LG media player App. Now the problem that I have is that I can't watch any big file, because of the fat32 file limitation on the hard drive. I have tried formatting the Hard Drive to NTFS, exFAT, but the TV doesn't take it. is there any other format that I can use to format a hard drive that will accept big files? (I have a couple of 3D movies that I want to watch that are 4GB and 13GB). I thought Google TV could read NTFS, but it seems like it doesn't work

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013