Quantcast

Apple TV Gets Bloomberg 24 Hour Live News; Crackle, Kor TV and Watch ABC Also Added

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Dec 11, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Bloomberg Brings 24-Hour Live News To Apple TV; Crackle, KOR TV And Watch ABC Also Added | TechCrunch (click for full article)

by Darrell Etherington - Dec. 11, 2013

-- Apple continues adding new channel partners to its Apple TV hardware, and now it's rolling out four new ones today (via 9to5Mac), including Watch ABC for streaming local ABC affiliate content, Crackle for movies and TV, and KOR TV, a Korean language channel. There's also Bloomberg, which is going to be streaming a live 24-hour news channel that provides content seven days a week.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  2. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Having to jump all around to authorize all these little applets is becoming a PITA. You'd think Apple of all companies would come up with a way to streamline this.

3. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

Yes, I am surprised that Apple appears to be giving into the cable and networks so easily. You can't view ABC for example without having a cable or equivalent provider. Not a promising sign. Both Google and Apple, as well as Microsoft, appear to be ready to live within the current system. Not good ...

Philip

4. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me given that I could receive ABC even if I didn't subscribe to cable, but I wish I only had to enter in my cable information one place one time - not 8x on 8 device.